Sterling jewelry is made of pure silver 92.5 percent and has metal alloy 7.5 percent. The common silver metal alloys have a combination of copper and nickel. In sterling silver, the alloys strengthen the silver as it becomes strong enough for jewelry. This is why silver jewelry is valuable and affordable to make bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings that match all skin tones and ribbons. Sterling jewelry is also suitable to wear every day of the week. Here are some tips to choose this silver jewelry.
Check for authenticity : Buying jewelry should be made so that the metal is genuine. Look for a stamp that indicates the metal type. The sterling jewelry pieces are often stamped with number 925. It can be "Ster, Sterling or Sterling Silver" also stamped on jewelry. Some pieces are not stamped and may be genuine. It is best to buy from a retailer or a jewelry dealer you trust.
Shop your style : Sterling jewelry is available in almost any size, style and price range. These make silver jewelry a perfect choice for experiments and self-expression. Sterling charms and pendants show your faith, hobbies, interests or profession. Silver chains are practical jewelry that match everything in your wardrobe. Try to wear or buy silver rings with unique gemstones.
Go to handmade pieces : Sterling silver is budget-friendly and smooth, making it a popular choice. Handmade silver is unique. The handmade pieces, especially the necklace or the chandelier earrings in silver, gemstone or pink shell look amazing and make a good piece of jewelry. These parts are suitable to be worn at large events or even during cold evenings.
Choice of tips
Sterling silver jewelry tarnishes. Buy an anti-tarnish bag and it is worth investing in quality jewelry cleaner that keeps your jewelry pieces shining.
· Silver jewelry value depends on the design and details of the item. Normally, all high quality items are the heavy pieces with intricate cuts, etchings and shapes.
· Buy a jewelry loop so you can carefully examine the defects.
· The common label is 925 for silver jewelry and it may or may not be shown in capital letters.
· Look for designers names that make artistic and high quality pieces, check for the name to be etched on jewelry. This will show its authenticity.
· Don't indulge in buying jewelry that has a tarnished look, as it may be of poor quality.
· Cheap jewelry is best avoided with sterling silver as it may be inferior quality jewelry.
· The purchase of silver is common now. You can buy, but also insist that you do the necessary polishing, cleaning regularly after each use. This will keep the shine. Authentic places to find sterling silver jewelry of good and exceptional quality include shops, auctions and antique stores.